Top Tire Changer/Wheel Balancer Combo Package
A tire changer/wheel balancer combo package is a smart investment if you’re thinking about launching a shop or upgrading your current facility. You can get the best deal when you purchase both pieces of equipment together as a combo as opposed to separately.
If you’re searching the market for a quality tire changer wheel balancer for home garage, you’ve come to the right place. There are so many options you can pick from and it ultimately comes down to your intended use and budget. If you’re tight on money, don’t worry. We have reviewed sets varying in price to find one that fits your budget.
We have confidently reviewed the top options available to ensure you select a combo package you can count on. After analyzing dozens of equipment, we found 3 that stood out from the rest. Before we get down to the reviews we’d like to touch base on how good tire changers/wheel balancers can benefit your business.
Tire Changer/Balancer Combo Quick Comparison Chart
We’ll look at each one in detail below, but here is a summary of the units reviewed in case you are in a hurry:
The Importance of Investing in a Quality Changer/Balancer Combo
Having a good tire changer on hand gives you the ability to change or repair tires without the need for a shop. You can have this important piece of equipment in your garage to save you time, money, and trips to your local service shop! It’s a good skill to learn and with the right information, you can land a remarkable tire changer wheel balancer combo.
If you happen to own your own car repair or light duty fleet maintenance facility, this is a smart investment that can save you so much time resulting in happy customers. A good tire changer can last you several years if you care and maintain it properly. With the many options on the market, it’s important to know the elements of a good selection.
Hand in hand with a good tire changer is a wheel balancer which equalizes the weight of the tire and wheel combined so that it spins smoothly a high speed. Balancing tires are necessary as this weight imbalance can’t be avoided. It happens to everyone which is why it’s important to have a balancer machine for your home garage or shop.
Over time, your tire will wear, and the balance will change. Therefore, good tire places wish to rebalance whenever your tires are rotated. Doing so extends the life of the tires, saving money in the long run. Not only this, but tires play a big role in the overall dynamics of a car.
The Benefits of Having a Tire Changer/Wheel Balancer in Your Home Garage
After you change your tires, it’s important to balance your wheels properly. For this reason, investing in both machines for your home garage is a great idea. You really can’t have one without the other and purchasing them both save you money!
There are so many reasons for investing in a good tire changer/balancer is a good idea. For instance:
- Convenience – Having these machines in your home garage gives you the opportunity to change and balance your tires as needed. This means no more scheduling car services that require long waits and salesmen trying to sell you additional services.
- Saves Time – You don’t have to worry about long wait times to get your car serviced. Instead, you can do it all from the comfort of your garage.
- Low Cost – The amount you will pay for this combo does not compare to the dollars you’ll be spending getting your wheels changed/balanced at a car shop. When properly taken care of, they can last you many years.
Elements to Consider Before Purchasing
Buying the best tire changer and wheel balancer for your shop is an important decision and should not be taken lightly. There are a few things you want to consider before coming to a final decision. We considered these elements to narrow down our selection on the best sets currently on the market. These factors include:
- Accuracy – How accurate are the pieces of equipment you’re considering? A major cause of wheel balancing mistakes, for example, is due to centering errors. To avoid your clients from coming back, be sure your balancer offers amazing accuracy.
- Manufacturer – There is a lot to cover when it comes down to the brand you decide on. Aside from them being reputable, trusted, with several years on the industry, you want a provider that offers instructional videos to assist you in the learning process. Training videos will make training simple and improve balancer results.
- Customer Service – Hand in hand with the manufacturer, you want to have a strong, friendly, and available customer service team ready to help you with any complications. Whether there is something wrong with your equipment or you have a general question, they should be attentive and ready to help.
- Warranty – This point is straightforward. In short, a quality provider will offer a generous warranty upon purchase.
Keeping these elements in mind will help you come to an educated decision on the best tire changer/wheel balancer combo for your shop. Now let’s get down to the reviews which feature our top three selections.
With this combo, you’ll be able to service just about any vehicle that drives up to your shop. The NTC-950 tire changer is targeted more towards commercial use and gives users the option to run flat and low-profile tires with the support of the assist arm. It supports up to 28”, has a powerful bead breaker system as well as a jet blast inflator system.
With a 5-star rating from customers, the TRIUMPH combo is easy to assemble. There are several online videos that teach users how to set up and operate everything. Additionally, the NTB-550-wheel balancer it’s one of the most popular models this brand sells. It comes with a foot pedal wheel break to keep wheels in place while putting weight to increase accuracy.
NTC-950 & NTB-550 Pros
- Versatile – services majority of vehicles
- Large tire bead breaker
- Free shipping
NTC-950 & NTB-550 Cons
- Best fit for larger businesses
- Inside Clamping Distance 15" - 28"
- Outside Clamping Distance 13" - 26"
- Max Wheel Width 15"
- Rim Width 1.5" - 20"
- Max Tire Diameter 43"
Here is a YouTube video of a mechanic demonstrating the NTC-950 on a blown tire:
The tire changer features a rim clamping outside of 10”-18” and rim clamping inside of 12”-21”. It holds a maximum tire diameter of 35” and wheel width of 12”.
Additionally, like the tire changer, the wheel balancer has a blue powder coat finish and a power supply of 100V. Its rim diameter consists of 10”-24” with a rim width of 1.5”-20”.
It also comes with 3 centering cones, a quick release wing nut, and several accessories.
- Least expensive
- 1-year full warranty
- This selection may not service every type of tire
- 560 Tire Changer - Rim clamping outside 10"-18" / Rim clamping inside 12"-21"
- 560 Tire Changer - No Bead Blaster / Maximum Tire Diameter 35" (900mm) / Maximum wheel Width 12"
- 680 Wheel Balancer - Rim Diameter 10"-24" / Rim Width 1.5"-20"
- 680 Wheel Balancer - Max. wheel diameter: 44"(1117mm) / Max. wheel weight: 155 lbs
- Bead Break force 5600 lbs. pneumatic piston / Operating pressure 120-145 psi (8-10 bar) / Voltage 110V only
Mayflower Tire Changer Video
Here is a YouTube video of a mechanic demonstrating the Mayflower tire machine:
The tire changer offers a swing arm style, manual of operation, and side mounted bead breaker. The bead seating inflation jets ensure a quick and secure inflation. You’ll also receive a water separator, air pressure regulator, and lubricator.
The NW-953-wheel balancer does not fall far behind! It is designed with a self-calibrating, self-diagnosing, and optimization program. It’s multiple operator programs make it a breeze to use and it comes with 3 centering cones for maximum functionality. Two excellent products for the money, you won’t be disappointed with this combo package.
NW-530 & NW-953 Pros
- Optimal performance
- Relatively inexpensive
- Efficient customer service
NW-530 & NW-953 Cons
- Not an ideal selection for large, full-service shops
- Tire Changer NW-530: Swing arm style. Manual operation of mount/demount. Four pneumatic clamps and double acting cylinders. Side mounted bead breaker. Bead seating inflation jets are integrated in the clamping jaws insuring quick and safe inflation. Includes water separator, lubricator and air pressure regulator.
- Wheel Balancer NW-953: Self calibrating, Self diagnosis, Optimization program, Static balancing, alu-s balancing for light alloy rims, Split function (hidden weights), Multiple operator program, Three centering cones, Weight storage, and Pegs for accessories. Hood, hammer, speed nut and caliper standard.
We hope this buyers’ guide has answered some questions you may have had regarding the top tire changers/wheel balancers on the market. There is so much to keep in mind when coming to a decision, but the 3 selections offered above will give you the most for your money. They are accurate, affordable, offer good customer service, and are all backed up with some type of warranty.
Finally, both tools go hand in hand making it more effective when bought at the same time. Tire changers, as well as wheel balancers, can benefit any size business greatly. It means a larger base client for your business, consequently requiring quality tire services. A good combo package is important in offering successful services to those who visit your store. Considering investing in one today!